lundi 8 juin 2009

Debaptism in Quebec

According to Montreal Quebec's notorious newspaper "Le Devoir", it seems the local Church associations have received an odd, rather suprising amount of demands; requests from registered roman catholics, to be officially debaptised.

http://www.ledevoir.com/2009/04/01/243074.html

The article is in french, mostlty because the article reflects a situation in Quebec, a french speaking territory. Get a good translator, or read the below lines...

'The Catholic Church of Montreal' basically tells us that most of the Pope's latest policies were against all public reason, and that no sane person would ever consider them acceptable.

They have indicated that it's what the Pope said about the fact that, "condoms is not the answer against aids" shit...I mean seriously, is he for real? Clearly I'm not the only one thinking the same thing! A bunch of people around the world critisizes his positions..

The diocese has even noticed a rise in the debaptism requests in Quebec. In fact, the Montreal Diocese received 50 debaptism requests in the month of April, compared to an average normal 20 a year.

They say that 83% of Quebecers are catholics, but that in reality, only 25% practice religion.
And this is all around me. It ain't much, but it's all I've ever known, and it already seems a lot...I'll tell you all of...all, in a little bit.

BTW, this fist post was in english, I tried real hard to write spontaniously in english but I just couldn't, and I really can't tell why. So the next view entries might be in french, and the english translation might be in the comments everyonce i a while, if I have the patience to translate all my thoughts that is...that's just shame, 'cause I just love more the way things sound in english...but I'm no writer, so I'm just gonna take a small bow..

Thank you, Merci






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire